Up to six students are accepted on a competitive basis each year to the Cardiac Invasive Specialist Program. Classes begin in late August and coincide with the start of the fall semester at Rochester Community and Technical College.
Application reviews are based on previous education, work experience, essay, letters of recommendations, and an interview.
How to apply
Your application and all supporting documentation must be submitted and received by Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences between Nov. 1 and March 1 of the year you wish to begin classes.
1. Create an account. Prior to submission of an application, you must create an account. Note the following as you create an account and begin completing an application.
- On the Create an Account page:
- For School of Study → select School of Health Sciences
- For Location → select Rochester, MN
- For Area of Interest → Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist
- For Start Date → Choose date
- For Entry Term → Select term available
- On the My Account page:
- Scroll down to Next Steps → select "Start an Application"
- On the Online Application page:
- Verify that the program listed is what you want
- Click "Continue with Application Selected Above"
- On the Application Listing page:
- Select "Start a New Full Application"
2. Complete the online application. Once you have created an account, you will be able to continue with the application. The sections below are located in the application. You may complete them in order or click on the section you want on the left.
- Program of interest:
- Review populated data for accuracy
- Complete 'Reapplying and Education Completed' questions
- Personal information:
- Review populated data
- Complete any other fields
- If you didn't enter an address or phone number before, you will be required to enter it now
- Demographic data:
- Fill in as necessary
- Add education
- Add work experience
- Standardized testing:
- Please input information regarding the ACT, SAT, and/or GRE as they apply to you. Please check your program website to see if these are required.
- Professional licensing and registration:
- Enter any professional licenses you hold
- Please answer the questions within the application and tailor your answers toward the Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist program
- Signature and submit:
- Certify and sign your application
- Submit your application
3. Complete the recommendations. Enter email addresses for recommendations under the "Recommendation Requests." The following two professional references are required:
- Educational reference. Choose a person familiar with your educational qualifications and your potential for success in the cardiovascular field. References may include current or former teachers or professors.
- Work/Professional reference. Choose a person familiar with your professional qualifications and your potential for success in the field of cardiovascular. References may include employers, supervisors, or coaches.
**If you do not complete these at the time of submission, please visit your "My Account" page and navigate to your application for a link to complete.
4. Submit transcripts. Official transcripts from all educational institutions you attended after high school, including all college and university credits and grades from your most recent quarter or semester. If no college courses have been taken, a high school transcript must be sent to the program. Transcripts sent directly to Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences from the school must include an embossed seal. If they are sent to you first, they must be in their original unopened envelopes.
Send all transcripts to Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences, in one envelope to:
Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
Cardiovascular Invasive Program
Siebens Building, Fifth Floor
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
What happens after I submit my application?
Interviews. Applicants considered for an appointment are invited to Mayo Clinic for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. An interview can be arranged only when your application file is complete.
Acceptance. Appointment letters are mailed by April 1. If you receive an appointment letter, your reply is expected within one week.
Enroll at Rochester Community and Technical College. You must also enroll in Rochester Community and Technical College if you are accepted into the program.