Three fellows are accepted on a competitive basis each year for the Physician Assistant Fellowship in Hospital Internal Medicine at Mayo Clinic's campus in Phoenix, Arizona. One fellow is selected for each track: Traditional Hospitalist Track, Hematology/Oncology Track, and Critical Care Medicine Track.
How to apply
The program begins the last Tuesday in September and runs through the end of September the following year.
The application cycle opens Jan. 2 and closes May 1 of the year in which you wish to begin the program. Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by May 1.
- Online application. Complete the online Application for Admission. After you create an account in ApplyYourself, sign in and select Application for Admission. Do not select Lite Application.
Supporting documentation. Submit these materials:
- An official transcript from your physician assistant program
- Three letters of recommendation, which may be submitted as part of the online application or, if completed offline, must be received by Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences in a signed, sealed envelope
- Current curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
Send any required materials that are not submitted online directly to:
Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
13400 E. Shea Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85259
- Interviews. The selection committee carefully reviews each application. Individuals considered for an appointment are invited for an in-person interview.
- Acceptance. Candidates selected for the fellowship will be contacted by phone, followed by an appointment letter, by mid-June. If you receive an appointment letter, your reply is expected within 10 days.