To be eligible for the Neurosurgical Oncology Fellowship, you must meet the following criteria.
Enfolded fellowship (Mayo Clinic PGY-5, -6, or -7 resident)
- Successful completion or planned completion of four years of residency satisfying national requirements for graduation of clinical neurosurgical training (including intern year). Residents who are training at Mayo Clinic and are in good academic standing are eligible to complete the fellowship during elective time in their fifth, sixth or seventh years.
- Successful completion of American Board of Neurological Surgery (ABNS) written board examination with a score of 70 percent or better.
- Demonstrated interest in neurosurgical oncology, including academic achievement in neurosurgical oncology.
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited neurosurgical residency or international equivalent (international trainees are assessed on an individual basis with minimum requirements to include five years of structured, post-graduate neurosurgical clinical training including at least one year in a chief resident role)
- Good academic standing as stated in a letter from the applicant's former program director
- Perceived to be a future leader in neurosurgical oncology
Also see general admissions requirements for Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education.