Wilson Scholars Program
The Wilson Scholars Program at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science, in partnership with the Office for Education Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, is a graduate medical education pathway program toward career advancement. This program is open to first, second, and third-year medical students of all backgrounds that are committed to addressing issues of diversity and equity in healthcare.
As a scholar, you will be assigned a Mayo Clinic mentor who will help facilitate your career aspirations. In addition, you will be in contact with college leadership, who will provide guidance to scholars who have an interest in residency training at Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education.
See the program flyer for more information.
Wilson Scholars Steering Committee
- Floyd Willis, M.D., Wilson Scholars Medical Director, Family Medicine Consultant, Assistant Professor of Family Medicine, College of Medicine
- Barbara Jordan, M.A., Administrator, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science
- Cheryll Albold, Ph.D., M.S., Administrator, Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education
- Shannon Laughlin-Tommaso, M.D., Consultant, Chair, Division of Gynecology, Associate Professor of Obstetrics-Gynecology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Associate Dean of Office for Education Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Pete Myszkowski, M.Ed., Operations Manager, Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education
- Sharon Torres, Program Director, Office for Education Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Chara Pruszynski, M.P.H., Operations Manager, Office of Education Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Olayemi Sokumbi, M.D., Dermatology Senior Associate Consultant, Associate Professor of Dermatology and Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, College of Medicine