One candidate is accepted on a competitive basis each year for the Medical Physics Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Arizona.
How to apply
The application cycle will open November 1, 2019 and close Feb. 7, 2020. Your application and all supporting documentation must be received Feb. 7, 2020.
The program begins in May or June, according to the availability of the selected student.
1. Create an account. Prior to submission of an application, you must create an account. Note the following as you create an account and begin completing an application.
- On the Create an Account page:
- For School of Study → select School of Health Sciences
- For Location → select Phoenix, AZ
- For Area of Interest → select Medical Physics Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship
- For Start Date → Choose date
- For Entry Term → Select term available
- On the My Account page:
- Scroll down to Next Steps → select Start an Application
- On the Online Application page:
- Verify that the program listed is what you want
- Click "Continue with Application Selected Above"
- On the Application Listing page:
- Select "Start a New Full Application"
2. Complete the online application. Once you have created an account, you will be able to continue with the online application. The sections below are located in the application. You may complete them in order or click on the section you want on the left.
- Program of interest:
- Review populated data for accuracy
- Complete "Reapplying and Education Completed" questions
- Personal information:
- Review populated data
- Complete any other fields
- If you didn't enter an address or phone number before, you will be required to enter it now
- Demographic data:
- Fill in as necessary
- Add education
- Add work experience
- Standardized testing:
- Not required
- Professional licensing and registration:
- Enter any professional licenses you hold
- Please describe your background and your interest in this fellowship. The essay should be less than 500 words
- Signature and submit:
- Certify and sign your application
- Submit your application
3. Complete the recommendations and supplemental items. After submitting the application, click "Click here to upload program-specific supplemental item(s)."
- CV/Resume. Please upload your CV/Resume
- Recommendations. Enter email addresses for recommendations under the "Recommendation Requests".
- One letter of recommendation is required. This should be someone who is/was an authoritative figure in your life, i.e. professor, advisor, supervisor or someone similar.
**If you do not complete these at the time of submission, please visit your "My Account" page and navigate to your application for a link to complete.
Candidates selected for the fellowship will be contacted by phone, followed by an appointment letter, by mid-June. If you receive an appointment letter, your reply is expected within 10 days.