Duration: 4-16 weeks
Class size: 6 students a year
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
This rotation gives nurse anesthesia students from the University of North Florida a challenging and diverse clinical experience. Students will observe and experience the delivery of patient care in a comprehensive health care center that offers:
- A caring, collaborative environment
- State-of-the-art diagnostic, therapeutic and research facilities
- A large, diverse patient population
- An environment based on a team approach and a commitment to mutual respect
The clinical rotations are led by Mayo Clinic professional nurse anesthesia staff and will provide you with opportunities to work alongside other professionals in a multidisciplinary health care environment.
For admission to the rotation, you must:
- Have graduated from an accredited school of nursing
- Be enrolled in the master's-level nurse anesthesia program at our affiliated academic institution, University of North Florida
- Be in good academic standing
When you successfully complete the criteria for master's degree in nursing and the nurse anesthesia coursework at your affiliate school, you are eligible to apply for certification exam through the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists.
How to apply
- The program coordinator/advisor at the University of North Florida should contact the Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences education coordinator to submit a request. Requests from students will not be accepted.
- Complete the Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences online application (Click 'Create Account" to start your application).
This rotation prepares you to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a health care team.
Intensive clinical practicums, under the supervision of qualified nurse anesthetists and physician preceptors, focus on providing care to patients.
For the majority of the clinical rotation, your learning schedule will include eight-hour days, five days a week.
Tuition and financial aid
Tuition rates are determined by and paid to the University of North Florida. Mayo Clinic charges no additional fees for the clinical rotation.
You are responsible for your living accommodations and transportation. You may hold outside employment during the rotation if it does not conflict with your program responsibilities.