One position is available in the Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellowship each year on a competitive basis.
Qualified applicants must have completed a general surgery residency program at an accredited institution in the US or abroad.
Applicants must have passed USMLE Steps 1, 2, and 3 on first attempt.
Prior to appointment start date, applicants will be required to have successfully completed Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery (FLS) certification.
Also see: Admissions
How to apply
Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education does not process printed applications to this program. To apply to this fellowship and to register for the match, you must register with the Fellowship Council.
To register, visit:
All details regarding application and match materials and deadlines are managed by the Fellowship Council. Please review completely the application and match details and deadlines by visiting the Fellowship Council's Web site.
The following additional materials are required as supporting documentation to your Fellowship Council application:
- Copy of graduate school and or medical/dental school diploma.
- Dean's letter. Ask your medical/dental school to send a letter directly to Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education.
- Official transcripts. Upload a scanned copy of official transcripts from each graduate school, dental school, and/or medical school you attended. Provide certified or notarized English translations of documents written in a language other than English
- Official USMLE transcript of scores. Please request that your USMLE transcript be mailed directly to the Education Program Coordinator (see Program Contacts for address).
- Valid ECFMG certificate. Required if you graduated from a medical school outside the United States or Canada
PLEASE NOTE: You may apply to only one fellowship program. However, you may apply to the same fellowship program at more than one Mayo Clinic campus. For example, you may apply to the MIS Fellowship at Mayo Clinic in Rochester and the MIS Fellowship at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville.