Two candidates are accepted each year on a competitive basis for the Audiology Externship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota. The program runs from the beginning of June to the end of May the following year.
How to apply
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences by Oct. 1.
Online application. Complete the online Application for Admission. After you sign in to the ApplyYourself tool, select Application for Admission (not Lite Application). Electronically submit three letters of recommendation, at least two of which must be from health professionals.
- Supporting documentation. Submit the following materials to the program director (email@example.com) via email:
- An official transcript of all college and university credits.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are required on the application; results from other college entrance examinations, such as the ACT or SAT, are desirable.
- A summary of clinical practicum hours.
- Curriculum vitae or resume.
- Application essay.
- Interviews. Applicants considered for an appointment may be invited to participate in phone or personal interviews with the program director and selected faculty.
- Acceptance. Appointment is determined at the conclusion of the interview process. Appointment letters are sent out by Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences. Your appointment to the program is dependent upon successful completion of the health review and background check.