One candidate is accepted on a competitive basis each year for the fellowship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Phoenix, Arizona.
To apply for the Medical and Surgical Gynecology Physician Assistant Fellowship, you must have:
- Eligibility to live and work in the U.S.
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification
- Arizona state physician assistant license
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- ACLS certification
Note: If you have not yet graduated from your physician assistant program and not yet met all of the prerequisites, you may still apply for the fellowship. In order to be successfully appointed to the fellowship, you must have graduated and met all of the prerequisites before the start of the program.
Non-U.S. citizen applicants
Admission to Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences is open to U.S. workers in the four categories below. Therefore, visa sponsorship is not available.
- U.S. citizens
- U.S. nationals
- Lawful permanent residents
- Asylees and refugees
Applicants whose primary language is not English must submit results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based test (TOEFL iBT). Scores from the speaking portion of the exam are given particular consideration in admission decisions. Learn more about the exam and register online at the Educational Testing Service.
The Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences code for the TOEFL iBT is 5784.
Educational transcripts from schools outside the U.S. must be translated (if they are not already in English) and evaluated for U.S. equivalence by an accredited credential evaluation service company prior to submission. Please refer to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services for a list of qualified companies. The applicant pays for the examination and credential-evaluation services.
For more information, see Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences admissions policy information.
Candidates are selected based on grades, work and volunteer experiences, leadership qualities, representation of individual qualities and skills, and written capabilities as demonstrated in a personal statement.
How to apply
Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences values diversity and welcomes applicants with disabilities. If you are anticipating or experiencing disability related barriers in accessing this application, please contact Disability Compliance Advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Application window||Program start date||Apply|
|Nov. 1 - April 30||Mid-October||Online application|
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Create an account to begin the online Application for Admissions
- Select - Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
- Select - Medical and Surgical Gynecology Physician Assistant Fellowship
- Complete each section of the application and submit
- After submission, view the required Supplemental Items and Documents
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section
- Complete the Recommendation Request section
Additional required items
- Three letters of recommendation are required and must be completed in the Recommendation Request section. Each recommender will receive an email with a link to complete a rating form and upload a letter.
- Personal statement.
- Official transcripts from your physician assistant program will be accepted electronically via a secured site; use the subject line "Attention Judy Cimochowski," and send to email@example.com (this is the preferred method). Official transcripts can also be mailed directly from the institution to:
Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
13400 E. Shea Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85259
The selection committee carefully reviews each application. Selection is based on grades, work background, volunteer experiences, personal statement, and leadership qualities. Individuals considered for acceptance are invited for an in-person or virtual interview, depending on the situation.
The candidate selected for the fellowship will be contacted by phone. Acceptance letters are mailed in May or June. Your reply is expected within 10 days.