The majority of your time as a fellow is spent in an outpatient setting evaluating adult patients afflicted with various brain/spine tumors as well as complications of therapies.
You will also engage in discussions regarding diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment plans with patients and their families. The continuity clinic allows our fellows to have clinic time for patients follow-up.
Block rotation schedule
The fellowship also includes regularly scheduled time in the continuity clinic and conducting hospital consults.
|Continuity clinic||5 half-days per week|
|Hospital consults for neuro-oncology||2-4 hours per week|
As a trainee, you will have the opportunity to participate in a rich variety of clinical conferences in the Department of Neurology. These include:
- Weekly Neuroscience Conference at Mayo Clinic in Arizona
- CNS Tumor Board
- Neuro-Oncology Research Meeting
- Cancer Center Grand Rounds
- Neurosurgery Grand Rounds
- Journal Club
- M & M Conference
- Annual Oncology Pharmacy Bootcamp (Chemotherapy review)
- Annual Biostatistics Course