One position is available on a competitive basis each year in the Orthopedic Sports Medicine Fellowship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota.
Qualified applicants for the Orthopedic Sports Medicine Fellowship must:
- Have passed all three steps of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE)
- Be able to obtain a Minnesota state medical license
- Have successfully completed an approved residency in orthopedic surgery
- Be board eligible
Foreign medical school graduates must have satisfactorily completed the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), English and Visa Qualifying Examination (VQE), or the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination in the Medicine Services (FMGEMS) to be eligible.
Also see general admissions requirements.
How to apply
The academic year begins in August.
You must apply through SF Match, a third-party application service. Information on the application process, including requirements and deadlines, can be found on their website.
- Visit the SF Match website to register as an applicant. Fill out a Central Application Service (CAS) application form, provide the required documents and select our program for distribution.
- Appointments are made through the Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellowship Match, which is coordinated by SF Match and sponsored by the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM) and the Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA).
- Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty.