Two positions are available on a competitive basis each year in the Urologic Oncology Fellowship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota.
How to apply
Applications to the Urologic Oncology Fellowship are accepted November through January.
Note: Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2021 academic year.
- All applicants to the Urologic Oncology Fellowship must register with the Society of Urologic Oncology (SUO).
Submit a completed Society of Urologic Oncology (SUO) Fellowship Application.
Applications must include the following supporting documentation:
- Curriculum vitae and bibliography
- Personal statement of professional goals
- Valid ECFMG certificate, if applicable
- Three original letters of recommendation from physicians or faculty members who are thoroughly familiar with your work; one of these should be from your residency program director
Applicants who eventually match to the Urologic Oncology Fellowship will be required to submit to the Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education the following documentation as a requirement for appointment:
- Copy of diploma from your medical school
- Dean's letter sent directly from your medical school to the education coordinator of the Urologic Oncology Fellowship
- Official final medical school grade transcript indicating degree earned and date conferred (provide certified or notarized English translations of documents originally written in a language other than English)
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations: USMLE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX or NBME
- Copy of your completion certificate from each of your prior residency and/or fellowship training programs
Interviews are conducted in the spring of the year preceding the appointment year and are offered to those applicants deemed most competitive.
The academic year begins July 1. Appointments are made by Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education based on results from the Society of Urologic Oncology (SUO) Fellowship Match, which is sponsored by the American Urological Association.