The fellowship will resume in the spring of 2021. This website will be updated later in 2020 to reflect the application dates.
One to two 16-week fellowships in Perioperative Nursing are offered each year, typically in the spring and fall. Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences accepts up to four students per fellowship class on a competitive basis at Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, Arizona.
How to apply
Candidates who meet the admissions criteria must submit their applications and all supporting documentation by the application end date. Incomplete applications are not reviewed by the program's admissions committee.
The Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences online application will open late 2020.
1. Create an account. Prior to submission of an application, you must create an account. Note the following as you create an account and begin completing an application:
- On the Create an Account page:
- For School of Study → select School of Health Sciences
- For Location → select Phoenix, AZ
- For Area of Interest → Perioperative Nursing Fellowship
- For Start Date → Choose date
- For Entry Term → Select term available
- On the My Account page:
- Scroll down to Next Steps → select "Start an Application"
- On the Online Application page:
- Verify that the program listed is what you want.
- Click "Continue with Application Selected Above"
- On the Application Listing page:
- Select "Start a New Full Application"
2. Complete the online application. Once you have created an account, you will be able to continue with the application. The sections below are located in the application. You may complete them in order or click on the section you want using the navigation menu on the left.
- Program of interest:
- Review populated data for accuracy.
- Complete "Reapplying and Education Completed" questions.
- Personal information:
- Review populated data.
- Complete any other fields.
- If you didn't enter an address or phone number before, you will be required to enter it now.
- Demographic data:
- Fill in as necessary.
- Add education
- Add work experience.
- Standardized testing:
- Not required.
- Professional licensing and registration:
- Enter any professional licenses you hold.
- If your program website does not list a specific topic, please answer the questions within the application.
- Signature and submit:
- Certify and sign your application.
- Submit your application.
3. Complete the recommendations and supplemental items. After submitting the application, select "Click here to upload program-specific supplemental item(s)."
- Enter the email address for your recommender under the Recommendation Requests.
References should be individual who are/were an authority figure in your current/previous schooling or place of employment (i.e. supervisor, teacher). Please follow the guidelines in the online application carefully.
** If you do not complete these at the time of submission, please visit your "My Account" page and navigate to your application for a link to complete.
4. Interviews. The selection committee carefully reviews each complete application and schedules interviews with qualified candidates.