Each year, Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences admits one student to the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Abdominal Organ Transplant Fellowship. This ensures that you receive tailored instruction and a comprehensive educational experience.
To be eligible for the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Abdominal Organ Transplant Fellowship, you must have:
- Graduated from an accredited nurse practitioner or physician assistant program
- Graduated from an acute care specialty program (nurse practitioners only)
- National board certification
- A license in the state of Arizona or be eligible for a license
- Current Drug Enforcement Administration license or eligible for license
- Current Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support certifications
Please note: Candidates who have not yet graduated may apply and be successfully appointed to the fellowship, provided they meet each prerequisite before the start of the fellowship.
Non-U.S. citizen applicants
See the Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences non-U.S. citizen applicant's policy.
See further Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences admissions policy information.
How to apply
|Application deadline||Program start date||Apply|
|May 31||September||Online application|
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by May 31 of the year in which you wish to begin the program. The program begins in late September.
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Create an account to begin the online Application for Admission
- Select - Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
- Select – NP PA Abdominal Organ Transplant Fellowship (ARZ)
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section
- Complete the Recommendation Request section
Additional required items
- Two letters of recommendation are required and must be completed in the Recommendation Request section. Each recommender will receive an email with a link to complete a rating form and upload a letter.
- Personal statement.
- Official transcripts of all college or university credits will be accepted electronically via a secured site; use the subject line "Attention Judy Cimochowski," and send to firstname.lastname@example.org (this is the preferred method). Official transcripts can also be mailed directly from the institution to:
Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
13400 E. Shea Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85259
The selection committee carefully reviews each application. Individuals considered for an appointment complete a telephone or personal interview.