Up to two candidates are accepted on a competitive basis each year for the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Hematology Fellowship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota. The program begins in August for fall admission and March for spring admission.
How to apply
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by March 31.
- Online application. Complete the online Application for Admission. After you sign in to the ApplyYourself tool, select Application for Admission. Do not select Lite Application.
Supporting documentation. Submit these materials:
- Official transcripts directly from the undergraduate and graduate programs
- Three letters of recommendation from a school professor or faculty member, clinical preceptor, or mentor working closely with the applicant
- Copy of curriculum vitae
- Personal essay (maximum of 500 words) describing:
- Your past work experience
- What influences your interests in hematology
- How this fellowship will further develop your career goals in hematology practice
- What you intend to accomplish after completion of the program
Send any required materials that are not submitted online in one envelope to:
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Hematology Fellowship
Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
Siebens Building, Fifth Floor
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
Interviews. The selection committee carefully reviews each application. Individuals considered for an appointment are invited to Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota, for an in-person interview.
- Acceptance. Appointment letters are mailed around May 15 for fall admission and Dec. 15 for spring admission. Your reply is expected within seven days.