Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences offers a postgraduate Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Nephrology and Hypertension Fellowship at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida.
This one-year nephrology fellowship program provides specialized training to highly qualified nurse practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) graduates interested in a rewarding career in nephrology.
During the fellowship, you will receive the education and training in all aspects of clinical nephrology practice and education to allow you experience a broad patient care experience and become a proficient and compassionate nephrology provider.
During this fellowship, you can expect to:
- Work alongside and learn from a group of advanced practice providers and other members of the care team
- Participate in curriculum that includes a variety of patient care clinical settings including, inpatient, outpatient, and dialysis rounds
- Experience and learn the Mayo Clinic approach, where the needs of the patient come first
Completion and certification
After graduating, you will receive a certificate from Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences documenting successful completion of this 12-month postgraduate fellowship in nephrology at Mayo Clinic Hospital — Florida. This certificate verifies that each fellow has completed all the components outlined in the curriculum and has achieved program competencies.
The experience and training will prepare you to be more competitive when applying for nephrology positions.
See accreditation information for Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science.
The fellowship will provide you with the ability to:
- Understand the pathophysiology, clinical presentation, and disease prognosis of common renal disorders, hypertension, electrolyte disorders, nephrolithiasis, and kidney transplant
- Improve physical assessment skills, develop a differential diagnosis, and establish an evidence-based treatment plan
- Become proficient in seeing nephrology patients in the hospital, ambulatory and outpatient dialysis settings
- Improve critical thinking and leadership skills
- Develop effective communication and presentation skills
- Participate in quality improvement and research projects