Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences offers a 12-month intensive and comprehensive postgraduate neurology fellowship to highly-qualified physician assistant and nurse practitioner candidates at Mayo Clinic's campus in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona.
This fellowship will utilize a multimodal teaching approach to educate candidates who are eager to care for patients with neurologic diseases. The education will include formal and informal didactic instruction as well bedside teaching inspired by complex patient cases.
Throughout the fellowship, trainees will provide high quality, evidence-based care to patients across various neurologic subspecialties in both the inpatient and the outpatient settings. After completion of the fellowship, trainees will have the knowledge and skills needed to confidently care for patients with a wide array of neurologic conditions.
"There are so many opportunities here"
Completion and certification
After successfully completing the fellowship, you will receive a Certificate of Completion from Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences.
See accreditation information for Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science.
- Acquire a deep and broad knowledge base of neurologic disorders across many subspecialties including cerebrovascular, neuro-hospitalist/ICU, epilepsy, headache, autoimmune, neuromuscular, movement, and cognitive/behavioral.
- Become proficient in neuroanatomy and pathophysiology as it pertains to patient assessment, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Develop a diverse differential diagnosis based on the patient’s neurologic symptoms and clinical presentation. Formulate an appropriate diagnostic and treatment plan founded on evidence-based and cost-effective medical care.
- Employ holistic high-quality patient care throughout the clinic visit or hospital stay including admission, daily rounding, and evaluation, and discharge.
- Develop keen verbal skills to effectively communicate with colleagues, physicians, patients, and ancillary staff to ultimately become a key part of the health care delivery team.
- Participate in educating and training of NPPA students and other learners, as appropriate.