One candidate is accepted on a competitive basis annually for the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Solid Organ Transplant Fellowship.
To be eligible to apply for the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Solid Organ Transplant Fellowship, you must have:
- Graduated from an accredited nurse practitioner or physician assistant program
- Recent or upcoming graduates will need national board certification and licensure prior to the start date
- A nurse practitioner or physician assistant licensed to practice in the state of Florida
- National board certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Previous APP experience is encouraged but not required. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration is required upon acceptance into the program; expenses related to DEA registration are paid by Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences.
Applicants are selected based on grades and work experiences, as well as volunteer experiences, leadership qualities, and representation of personal qualities and skills in a personal letter.
Non-U.S. citizen applicants
See the Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences non-U.S. citizen applicants policy.
How to apply
Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences values diversity and welcomes applicants with disabilities. If you are anticipating or experiencing disability related barriers in accessing this application, please contact Disability Compliance Advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Application window||Program start date||Apply|
|April 11 - June 15||October||Online application|
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Create an account to begin the online Application for Admission
- Select - Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
- Select - NP PA Solid Organ Transplant Fellowship (FLA)
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section
- Complete the Recommendation Request section
Additional required items
- Two letters of recommendation are required and must be completed in the Recommendation Request section. Each recommender will receive an email with a link to complete a rating form and upload a letter.
- Professional (supervisor, preceptor, co-worker) and/or
- Academic (professor, faculty)
- Personal Statement (one-page maximum) to be uploaded in the Supplemental Items section
- Unofficial transcripts may be uploaded in the Supplemental Items area for application purposes. If admitted to the program, official transcripts must be provided directly from the institution(s) prior to the start of the program.
- Mayo Clinic
Attn: Kristen Ryland, APRN
Mayo building 3N Transplant Department
4500 San Pablo Road
Jacksonville, FL 32224
- Mayo Clinic
The selection committee carefully reviews each application. Individuals considered for acceptance are offered interviews.
Acceptance letters are mailed no later than July for an October start. Your reply is expected within seven calendar days.