Welcome to the exciting and challenging specialty of critical care pharmacy at Mayo Clinic Hospital — Rochester. As one of the largest integrated medical centers in the world, Mayo Clinic provides comprehensive diagnosis and treatment in virtually all medical and surgical specialties.
As the acuity and complexity of patients continue to increase, the critical care pharmacist is an essential component of the interdisciplinary intensive care unit (ICU) team.
At Mayo Clinic Hospital — Rochester, you will join a well-established team of passionate and dedicated critical care pharmacists who work closely with physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses and respiratory therapists to provide the highest level of care possible to our patients.
As you review your options for advanced training in critical care, we'd like to highlight some outstanding components of our program:
- You will work one-on-one with a wide variety of highly trained and experienced preceptors to gain multiple perspectives on critical care.
- Mayo Clinic Hospital — Rochester has 200 ICU beds within nine different specialty areas. The diversity of units gives you experience with a wide variety of critical care populations.
- You will have the opportunity to round with unique consult services such as the nephrology ICU, infectious diseases ICU and nutrition support.
- There is an enormous amount of flexibility within the program to tailor your learning experience to meet your interests.
- Mayo Clinic Hospital — Rochester has a state-of-the-art informatics system that places all pertinent information at your fingertips. This allows you to optimize your time evaluating patient information and therefore have more time to evaluate primary literature and perform research and education.
I am extremely proud of our program and the alumni who have advanced the practice of critical care across the country. If you would like to join this distinguished group, please review our website and contact me with any questions.
Erin Barreto, Pharm.D., M.Sc., BCPS, BCCCP, FCCM
Assistant Professor of Pharmacy and Medicine
PGY-2 Pharmacy Residency in Critical Care at Mayo Clinic Hospital — Rochester