To be eligible for the Physician Assistant Fellowship in Hospital Internal Medicine, you must have:
- Graduated from an accredited physician assistant program
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification
- Arizona state physician assistant license
- Current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications
Note: If you have not yet graduated from your physician assistant program and not yet met all of the prerequisites, you may still apply for the fellowship. But to be successfully appointed to the fellowship, you must have graduated and met all of the prerequisites before the start of the program.
Candidates are selected based on grades, work and volunteer experiences, leadership qualities, and representation of individual qualities and skills.
Non-U.S. citizen applicants
See the Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences non-U.S. citizen applicant's policy.
See further Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences admissions policy information.