To apply for the Neurosurgery Physician Assistant Fellowship, you must have:
- Eligibility to live and work in the U.S.
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification
- Arizona state physician assistant license
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Note: If you have not yet graduated from your physician assistant program and not yet met all of the prerequisites, you may still apply for the fellowship. But to be successfully appointed to the fellowship, you must have graduated and met all of the prerequisites before the start of the program.
Candidates are selected based on grades, work and volunteer experiences, leadership qualities, representation of individual qualities and skills, and written capabilities as demonstrated in a personal statement.
Non-U.S. citizen applicants
See the Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences non-U.S. citizen applicants policy.
See further Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences admissions policy information.