Generally four positions are available on a competitive basis each year in the Advanced Hematology Fellowship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota. Applicants must be able to begin the fellowship at the end of June.
How to apply
Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education does not process printed applications to this program. You must apply through Recruit, a third-party application service. No matching program services are used.
Mayo's academic year begins in July. Applications are accepted and reviewed on an ongoing basis. You are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
If you have not yet taken the United States Medical Licensing Examination Step 3 examination by the application date, you must declare your intent to pass it by January, six months prior to the start date, to be considered for the Advanced Hematology Fellowship. Adequate time for licensure by July is a requirement for starting the fellowship.
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Create an account to begin the online Application for Admission
- All applications to Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education programs must include these application materials
- After submission, view the required Supplemental Items and Documents
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section (if applicable)
- Complete the Recommendation Request section (if applicable)
In addition to the standard application materials required by Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education, this program requires:
- Letters of recommendation from your residency and fellowship program directors. These must be completed in the Recommendation Request section. The recommenders will receive an email with a link to upload a letter.
Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty.