The 12-month Cardiothoracic Imaging Fellowship at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida, provides an exceptional clinical and academic experience to prepare you for subspecialty private or academic practice in cardiothoracic radiology.
Through training in our program, you will gain a high degree of proficiency in all facets of cardiothoracic radiology, with exposure to a diverse high-volume practice, access to state-of-the-art imaging equipment, personalized supervision, and mentorship by experts in the divisions of Cardiovascular Radiology and Thoracic Radiology. Actively participating in weekly multidisciplinary conferences with subspecialty clinical and pathology colleagues, further contributes to a rich learning experience.
Highlights of the program include:
- Training in inpatient and outpatient chest radiography, computed tomography (CT), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), as well as dedicated training in cardiovascular imaging, including cardiac CT, CT angiography, cardiac MRI, and MR angiography
- Experience in image-guided thoracic interventions including CT-guided biopsies, pleural drainage procedures, and CT-guided ablations can be arranged if desired as part of the training program
- Flexibility to tailor the program to meet your unique needs, interests, and career goals
- Research opportunities with consulting staff, including opportunities for clinical studies and laboratory-based projects
- Dedicated research days and financial support for travel, lodging, meals, and registration fees for research presentations
- Direct access to Mayo Clinic's outstanding facilities as well as faculty members that are recognized leaders in the field of cardiothoracic imaging