Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida, offers a two-year, fully accredited Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Fellowship which includes a broad curriculum encompassing all components of endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism.
Unique program highlights include:
- Broad training experience that is highly specialized and offers a professional, collegial atmosphere with one-on-one working relationships between fellows and faculty
- Ideal setting for professional development with a long-standing tradition of highly efficient and safe patient-centered care
- Focus on education, not "navigating" your patients through a system
- Experience with a large volume and variety of endocrine disorders ranging from common to exotic
- Opportunity to see any and all patients, as there are no "private attendings" at Mayo Clinic
- Enjoy world-class in-house clinical laboratory services with rapid results
- Experience in treating metabolic disorders in people undergoing solid-organ transplants
- Diverse elective opportunities
- Clinical and laboratory research experience
You'll enjoy an established balance between education and service with clinical assignments that reflect what endocrinologists do in clinical practice (over 80% of clinical time is spent in outpatient subspecialty clinics). You'll attend conferences two to four days a week and will also have access to generous travel benefits.
After completing this fellowship, you will be able to identify, evaluate, and manage the current problems and treatment issues in endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism.