The Epilepsy Fellowship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota, provides advanced training in epilepsy and electroencephalography (EEG). This one-year fellowship is designed for those who wish to acquire advanced knowledge and skills in the comprehensive management of people with epilepsy and related disorders.
Note: If you would like a two-year fellowship experience, consider applying to the Epilepsy Fellowship and the Clinical Neurophysiology, Electroencephalography Fellowship two-year track at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
During the Epilepsy Fellowship, you become proficient in:
- Interpreting EEGs and prolonged video EEG recordings in people with epilepsy
- Managing patients in an epilepsy clinic
- Performing surgical and pre-surgical intracranial electrode recordings
- Conducting clinical research
- Teaching residents and fellows
The fellowship includes extensive experience in adult and pediatric epilepsy. The amount of time spent in pediatric and adult activities is adjusted depending on the fellow's individual goals and neurology training background.
The program includes protected research time and provides one year of balanced educational, clinical, and research experience.