There are a total of five positions in the Laboratory Genetics and Genomics Fellowship at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. We anticipate having one to two positions available on a competitive basis each year.
To be eligible for the Laboratory Genetics and Genomics Fellowship, applicants must have an M.D., D.O., or Ph.D. degree or equivalent. The Ph.D. degree must be in genetics, human genetics or a related biomedical science. Foreign medical graduates must have their credentials reviewed by the American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ABMGG) before applying to the program.
Individuals who have already completed an ABMGG-accredited fellowship in either biochemical genetics or medical genetics and genomics have the option of completing two years of Laboratory Genetics and Genomics Fellowship training.
Also see general admissions requirements for Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education.
How to apply
Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education does not process printed applications to this program. You must apply through Recruit, a third-party application service. No matching program services are used.
Mayo's academic year begins in July. You must submit a completed application form and all required documentation no later than Sept. 1 the previous year.
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Create an account to begin the online Application for Admission
- All applications to Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education programs must include these application materials
- After submission, view the required Supplemental Items and Documents
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section (if applicable)
- Complete the Recommendation Request section (if applicable)
In addition to the standard application materials required by Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education, this program requires:
- A letter of recommendation from your current program director (for a total of three recommendation letters). This must be completed in the Recommendation Request section. The recommender will receive an email with a link to upload a letter.
Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty.
Interviews are conducted between late October and early December each year.