There is one position available in the Movement Disorders Fellowship Program every year on a competitive basis.
To be eligible for the Movement Disorders Fellowship, you must have successfully completed an accredited residency program in neurology in the United States or Canada.
Applicants also must be qualified to take the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Certifying Examination.
Fellowship appointees are required to obtain and maintain an appropriate medical license while enrolled in the Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education.
Also see the general admissions requirements for Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education programs.
How to apply
Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education does not process printed applications to this program. You must apply through Recruit, a third-party application service.
Mayo Clinic in Arizona is participating in the SF Match for Movement Disorders. In addition to the standard application materials required by Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education, this program requires:
- Online application through SF Match. Our program ID is 4994.
The academic year begins in July. You must submit a completed application form and all required documentation no later than April 30 the previous year. Earlier applications are encouraged.
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Create an account to begin the online Application for Admission
- All applications to Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education programs must include these application materials
- After submission, view the required Supplemental Items and Documents
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section (if applicable)
- Complete the Recommendation Request section (if applicable)
In addition to the standard application materials required by Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education, this program requires:
- A letter of recommendation from your residency program director or the department chair. This must be completed in the Recommendation Request section. The recommender will receive an email with a link to upload a letter.
Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty.
Most interviews are conducted from July to August each year.