One position is available on a competitive basis each odd calendar year in the Oculofacial Plastic Surgery Fellowship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota. Each fellowship position starts yearly in July.
The Oculofacial Plastic Surgery Fellowship is open to applicants who:
- Are U.S. citizens
- Have successfully completed an accredited U.S. residency in ophthalmology
- Are eligible for medical licensure in the state of Minnesota
To be eligible for Minnesota state licensure, you must have completed the:
- United States Medical Licensure Examination (USMLE) Steps 1, 2 and 3, each within three attempts, and Step 3 must be passed within five years of passing Step 2
- Required one year of accredited U.S. residency training
Also see general admissions requirements for Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education.
How to apply
Yearly program start date:
- SF Match registration opens in April each year
- The application and all supporting documentation must be submitted by June 1 each year to SF Match
- The matches are announced mid-October each year
You must apply through SF Match, a third-party application service. Please do not send materials to Mayo Clinic Ophthalmology.
- To apply to the program, visit the SF Match website.
- Appointments are made through the Ophthalmology Fellowship Match, which is sponsored by SF Match.
- Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews will be conducted in summer/fall.