Up to three positions are available in Mayo Clinic's Preventive Medicine Fellowship Program. On alternating years, two applicants are accepted into the academic year and one into the practicum year of the program. In any given year, there are up to three fellows active in the program.
All applicants must have completed at least three years of accredited residency training and be board eligible or board certified in internal medicine or family medicine.
How to apply
Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education does not process printed applications to this program. You must apply through Recruit, a third-party application service. No matching program services are used.
Mayo's academic year begins in July.
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Create an account to begin the online Application for Admission
- All applications to Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education programs must include these application materials
- After submission, view the required Supplemental Items and Documents
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section (if applicable)
- Complete the Recommendation Request section (if applicable)
In addition to the standard application materials required by Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education, this program requires:
- A letter of recommendation from your residency program director or the department chair. This must be completed in the Recommendation Request section. The recommender will receive an email with a link to upload a letter.
If you are considered for an appointment, you will be invited for an interview with the program director and selected faculty.
Interviews are usually conducted between July 1 and November 1 each year.