HEERF III - ARP Act Information at Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science signed and returned a Certification and Agreement with the Department of Education to accept allocated funds from the American Rescue Plan (ARP), Public Law 117-2. The ARP established and funded the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III (HEERF III) to provide emergency financial aid grants. These critical funds help eligible MCCMS students cover expenses related to unanticipated travel, additional technology requirements, or other needs related to an emergency situation.
Federal Emergency Aid Grant reporting
As of May 19, 2021, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science received $739,654 for students to fund the Federal Emergency Financial Aid Grants. The estimated total number of students potentially eligible to be considered to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants in quarter 4 was 618 unduplicated students.
As of Dec. 31, 2021, $739,654 in HEERF funds have been disbursed to 404 students. This is the final quarterly posting and covers all remaining HEERF fund expenditures for Student Portion (a)(1).
Federal Emergency Aid Grants criteria and eligibility
Eligibility criteria for CRRSAA funding was determined based on guidance from the U.S. Department of Education. Grants were distributed in amounts prioritizing need as follows:
Eligible students must have been enrolled and actively participating in courses, enrolled in a financial aid-eligible program, and completed a FAFSA.
- Those with exceptional need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Need calculation of cost of attendance (COA) less expected family contribution (EFC) less institutional aid
- Institutional need rank greater than zero and/or those in programs with stipend funding
In compliance with the U.S. Department of Education’s HEERF reporting requirement, quarterly reports for HEERF funds under Section 18004(a)(1) Institutional Portion are available:
- Quarter ending Dec. 31, 2021 Expenditure Report (final report)
- Quarter ending Sept. 30, 2021 Expenditure Report
- Quarter ending June 30, 2021 Expenditure Report
Note: Reports above include funds received from HEERF I, II, and III.