Our 2021 application is now available. To access it, log in to the application website.
Each year, approximately 165 undergraduate students from around the U.S. come to Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota, to work beside both young and established scientists on a broad range of biomedical research questions.
A select number of fellowships are also available at the Mayo Clinic campuses in Jacksonville, Florida, and Scottsdale, Arizona.
How to apply
The 2021 program will run from Tuesday, June 1 through Friday, July 30, 2021. In the event that the program is cancelled due to continuing COVID pandemic limitations, an alternative virtual experience will be offered.
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by Feb. 1.
- Online application. Complete the online application (one application allowed per student per year)
- Supporting documentation. Submit these materials:
- We prefer an official transcript, however, we will accept an unofficial transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation from research mentors or undergraduate teachers.
- A one- to two-page description of your career goals, and the steps you have already taken to achieve those goals.