Two fellows are accepted on a competitive basis each year for the Cardiology Nurse Practitioner Fellowship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Arizona. The small class size ensures that you receive tailored instruction and a comprehensive educational experience.
To be eligible for the Cardiology Nurse Practitioner Fellowship, you must have:
- Graduated, or will graduate, by the fellowship start date from an accredited nurse practitioner (NP) program.
- National board certification as an adult-gerontology acute care nurse practitioner, adult-gerontology primary care nurse practitioner, or family nurse practitioner.
- Two years of work experience as an RN or NP in a cardiology related area preferred.
Candidates are selected based on grades, work experiences, ethics, leadership qualities and commitment to continue career goals working in a cardiovascular area after completing the fellowship.
Non-U.S. citizen applicants
Admission to Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences is open to U.S. workers in the four categories below. Therefore, visa sponsorship is not available.
- U.S. citizens
- U.S. nationals
- Lawful permanent residents
- Asylees and refugees
Applicants whose primary language is not English must submit results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based test (TOEFL iBT). Scores from the speaking portion of the exam are given particular consideration in admission decisions. Learn more about the exam and register online at the Educational Testing Service.
The Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences code for the TOEFL iBT is 5784.
Educational transcripts from schools outside the U.S. must be translated (if they are not already in English) and evaluated for U.S. equivalence by an accredited credential evaluation service company prior to submission. Please refer to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services for a list of qualified companies. The applicant pays for the examination and credential-evaluation services.
How to apply
Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences values diversity and welcomes applicants with disabilities. If you are anticipating or experiencing disability related barriers in accessing this application, please contact Disability Compliance Advisors at email@example.com.
|Call for applications
|Candidates selected for interviews and notified
|Fellowship start date
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by April 1.
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Create an account to begin the online Application for Admission
- Select - Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
- Select - Nurse Practitioner Fellowship
- Complete each section of the application and submit
- After submission, view the required Supplemental Items and Documents
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section
- Complete the Recommendation Request section
Additional required items
- Essay is to be no more than 500 words and include the following. Upload it in the Supplemental Items section.
- Statement of your professional goals.
- Statement of your intent describing:
- Your past cardiovascular experience.
- How the fellowship will further develop your career goals in the cardiovascular field.
- Three letters of recommendation from clinical preceptors or mentors who have worked closely with you in a clinical capacity. References from individuals who can comment on your experience as a Nurse Practitioner (as a student, or in practice) or your experience in cardiovascular areas are preferred. References must be completed in the Recommendation Request section. Each recommender will receive an email with a link to complete a rating form and upload a letter.
- Unofficial transcripts from a baccalaureate nursing and master's or doctorate NP program to be uploaded for application purposes. If admitted to the program, official transcripts must be provided directly from the institution(s) prior to the start of the program.
Should you be accepted into the fellowship, the following documents are required prior to the start date:
- A copy of your current RN license and verification of license eligibility in the state of Arizona
- A copy of a current NP license in the state of Arizona
- Verification of board certification or eligibility as either an adult gerontology acute care nurse practitioner, adult-gerontology primary care nurse practitioner, or family nurse practitioner
- A copy of current Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support certification
The selection committee carefully reviews each application. Individuals considered for an appointment may complete a phone interview, although an in-person interview is strongly encouraged to meet the faculty and tour the facilities.
Appointment letters are mailed approximately two weeks after the interviews. If you receive an appointment letter, your reply is expected within 10 days.