The 20-month Emergency Medicine Program is offered in collaboration between Mayo Clinic, Mayo Clinic Ambulance, and Rochester Community and Technical College (RCTC) in Rochester, Minnesota. It is designed to prepare you for a career as a paramedic.
Paramedics are critical members of the first response team and provide advanced life support in emergency situations. As an expanding career field, there are many opportunities available to paramedics.
Choosing Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic's large medical practice allows you to learn from the best, have access to a wide variety of resources, and gain hands-on experience in a variety of clinical and field rotations.
Hands-on clinical experiences and rotations in specialized areas such as the NICU, various lab and rotation sites, off-site simulation experiences, among others.
Access to resources that only Mayo Clinic can provide, such as ECT shock therapy, ECG Monitoring Lab, Cadaver Lab, and Multi-Disciplinary Simulation Center.
Outcome statistics that prove success. 100% of our graduates find a job after graduation and 85% go on to be employed at Mayo Clinic.
Upon successful completion of the program, all graduates receive a certificate of completion from Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences. Students completing the associate degree track will also receive an A.S. degree from RCTC.
Explore what a Emergency Medicine Paramedic does
Paramedics respond to emergency calls and are often one of the first health care professionals to arrive at the scene of an emergency. They provide advanced life support to the sick and injured, and transport patients to medical facilities.
The Emergency Medicine Paramedic Program is an accredited training program.
The Emergency Medicine Paramedic Program offers an exceptional educational experience; giving you the knowledge, skills, and facilities you need to become a well-rounded paramedic.
Our goal is to prepare competent entry-level Emergency Medical Technician — Paramedics in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains.
- Excellence: To deliver the best patient outcomes through knowledge and technical aptitude
- Commitment to quality: To deliver the highest quality emergency care possible
- Innovation: To further advance the paramedic field through the use of creative reasoning and cutting-edge technology
- Professionalism: To exemplify the paramedic professional role in the health care system and society
- Mutual respect: To treat everyone with dignity and advance cultural awareness
- Teamwork: To value the contributions of all and promote collaboration among medical professionals
- Integrity: To adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and personal responsibility
- Lifelong learning: To dedicate oneself to continuing education and ongoing technical skill development
The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
CAAHEP contact information
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 US Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33756
COAEMSP contact information
Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions
8301 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 111-312
Rowlett, TX 75088
The Emergency Medicine Paramedic Program has been approved by the Minnesota Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board (EMSRB) to instruct paramedic training.
See accreditation information for Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science.
The Department of Education requires disclosure of student debt and employment information to assist students in making informed decisions prior to enrolling in this education program.