Up to five candidates are accepted on a competitive basis every six months for the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Emergency Medicine Fellowship. The program begins in September and March annually.
How to apply
|Application window||Program begins||Apply|
|July 1-Oct. 1||March||Online application|
|Dec. 1-March 1||September||Online application|
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Create an account to begin the online Application for Admission
- Select - Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
- Select – NP PA Emergency Medicine Fellowship (RST)
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section
- Complete the Recommendation Request section
Additional required items
- Three letters of recommendation are required and must be completed in the Recommendation Request section. Each recommender will receive an email with a link to complete a rating form and upload a letter.
- Professional (supervisor, preceptor, co-worker)
- Academic (professor, faculty)
- Personal Statement (one-page maximum) is to include the following and then beuploaded in the Supplemental Items section
- Describe your work experience and why an emergency medicine fellowship would be an asset to you, and also indicate whether you are applying as an NP or PA
- Official transcripts must be mailed from the institution directly to:
NP or PA Emergency Medicine Fellowship
Generose Building, GR-410
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
The selection committee carefully reviews each application. Individuals considered for an appointment will be initially interviewed by phone. Based on the phone interview, the candidate may be invited to Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota, for an in-person interview.
Appointment letters are mailed no later than June 15 for a September start and Dec. 15 for a March start. Your reply is expected within seven days.