Up to two candidates are accepted each year for the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Gastroenterology and Hepatology Fellowship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota.
To be eligible to apply for the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Gastroenterology and Hepatology Fellowship, you must meet the following requirements prior to starting the fellowship:
- Graduated from an accredited nurse practitioner or physician assistant program, with a minimum of a master's degree
- National board certification
- A nurse practitioner or physician assistant license to practice in the state of Minnesota
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration (may be obtained after start date if discussed with program director)
See further Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences admissions policy information.
Non-U.S. citizen applicants
Admission to Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences is open to U.S. workers in the four categories below. Therefore, visa sponsorship is not available.
- U.S. citizens
- U.S. nationals
- Lawful permanent residents
- Asylees and refugees
Applicants whose primary language is not English must submit results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based test (TOEFL iBT). Scores from the speaking portion of the exam are given particular consideration in admission decisions. Learn more about the exam and register online at the Educational Testing Service.
The Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences code for the TOEFL iBT is 5784.
Educational transcripts from schools outside the U.S. must be translated (if they are not already in English) and evaluated for U.S. equivalence by an accredited credential evaluation service company prior to submission. Please refer to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services for a list of qualified companies. The applicant pays for the examination and credential-evaluation services.
Candidates are selected based on scholastic performance and professional experience. Demonstration of volunteer experiences, leadership, and personal qualities and skills will also impact selection.
How to apply
Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences values diversity and welcomes applicants with disabilities. If you are anticipating or experiencing disability related barriers in accessing this application, please contact Disability Compliance Advisors at email@example.com.
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by October 1 for the March start date, and by April 10 for the September start date.
|Application window||Program begins||Apply|
|July 1-Oct. 1||March||Online application|
|Dec. 1-April 10||September||Online application|
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Create an account to begin the online Application for Admission
- Select - Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
- Select - NP PA Gastroenterology and Hepatology Fellowship (RST)
- Complete each section of the application and submit
- After submission, view the required Supplemental Items and Documents
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section
- Complete the Recommendation Request section
Additional required items
- Two letters of recommendation are required and must be completed in the Recommendation Request section. Each recommender will receive an email with a link to complete a rating form and upload a letter. Recommendations may be from a professor, faculty, preceptor, or supervisor.
- Copy of curriculum vitae
- Personal essay (maximum of 500 words), uploaded in the Supplemental Items section, describing:
- Your past work experiences
- Your interest in gastroenterology and hepatology
- How this fellowship will further develop your career goals in gastroenterology and hepatology
- Goals upon program completion
- Unofficial transcript
- Upon acceptance into the fellowship and before starting the fellowship, official transcripts from undergraduate and graduate programs must be mailed directly from the institution to:
Andrea Wagner, APRN, C.N.P.
Gastroenterology and Hepatology Fellowship
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Gonda 9 East
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
The selection committee carefully reviews each application. Individuals considered for acceptance are offered a virtual interview.
Acceptance letters are mailed no later than June 15 for the September start date. Your reply is expected within seven days.