Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences offers a 12-month postgraduate Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Urology Fellowship at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
This program provides specialized training to highly qualified nurse practitioner (NP) and physician assistant (PA) graduates interested in developing a rewarding career in urology. During the fellowship, you will receive the education and training needed to become a skilled, compassionate, and efficient urology provider.
During this fellowship, you can expect to:
- Work alongside and learn from a large group of advanced practice providers, in addition to many other members of the care team.
- Participate in curriculum that includes didactic responsibilities and direct patient care clinical experience rooted in the foundation of Mayo Clinic: excellence in integrated clinical practice, education, and research.
The program provides the graduate NP or PA with the training needed to deliver the highest quality care to urologic patients.
Completion and certification
After graduating, you will receive a certificate from Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences documenting successful completion of a 12-month postgraduate fellowship in urology at Mayo Clinic Hospital — Rochester. This certificate verifies that each fellow has completed all of the components outlined in the curriculum and has achieved program competencies.
The experience and training provided with completion of the program prepares you to be more competitive when applying for urology positions.
See accreditation information for Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science.
As a fellow, you receive training to:
- Demonstrate excellence in the clinical care of all aspects of the urologic patient
- Understand pathophysiology
- Develop a differential diagnosis
- Establish an evidence-based treatment plan
- Successfully complete a mentored cystoscopy training protocol and demonstrate proficiency in performing procedures independently
- Demonstrate ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with a multidisciplinary team
- Improve critical thinking and leadership skills