Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences admits two candidates on a competitive basis each year to the Occupational Therapy Hand Fellowship. The program begins in March of each year.
How to apply
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received between June 15-Sept. 15.
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Create an account to begin the online Application for Admission
- Complete each section of the application and submit
- After submission, view the required Supplemental Items and Documents
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section (if applicable)
- Complete the Recommendation Request section (If applicable)
Additional required items
- A copy of your diploma from your graduate, medical, and/or dental school.
- Unofficial college transcripts may be uploaded in the Supplemental Items area for application purposes. If accepted to the program, official transcripts must be emailed from the institution to OTRES@mayo.edu.
- Three letters of recommendation are required and must be completed in the Recommendation Request section. The recommenders will receive an email with a link to complete a rating form and upload a letter.
- Complete the essay questions and upload them to the Supplemental Items section.
The selection committee carefully reviews each application. Applicants are evaluated by the committee based on these criteria:
- Academic education and degrees obtained
- Clinical education and mentoring experiences
- Clinical experience specific to hand occupational therapy
- Research experience
- Community service
- Letters of reference
Candidates with strong leadership and interpersonal skills and an interest in lifelong learning are preferred.
Individuals considered for an appointment are invited to Rochester, Minnesota, for an in-person interview sometime in October-November.
Candidates will receive appointment notifications by the end of November.