Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences admits two candidates on a competitive basis each year to the Occupational Therapy Hand Fellowship.
To be eligible for the Occupational Therapy Hand Fellowship, you must:
- Have current licensure as an occupational therapist by the Minnesota Department of Health or anticipated licensure upon graduation from an accredited occupational therapy program in the application year
- Comply with Mayo Clinic's occupational therapy general employment requirements, which may include a criminal background check and pre- and post-employment drug screening
- Be a member of the American Occupational Therapy Association
Non-U.S. citizen applicants
Admission to Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences is open to U.S. workers in the four categories below. Therefore, visa sponsorship is not available.
- U.S. citizens
- U.S. nationals
- Lawful permanent residents
- Asylees and refugees
Applicants whose primary language is not English must submit results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based test (TOEFL iBT). Scores from the speaking portion of the exam are given particular consideration in admission decisions. Learn more about the exam and register online at the Educational Testing Service.
The Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences code for the TOEFL iBT is 5784.
Educational transcripts from schools outside the U.S. must be translated (if they are not already in English) and evaluated for U.S. equivalence by an accredited credential evaluation service company prior to submission. Please refer to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services for a list of qualified companies. The applicant pays for the examination and credential-evaluation services.
See further Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences admissions policy.
How to apply
|Application window||Program start date||Apply|
|June 15 - Sept. 15||March||Online application|
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received between June 15-Sept. 15. The program begins in March of each year.
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Create an account to begin the online Application for Admission
- Select - Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
- Select - Occupational Therapy Fellowship
- Complete each section of the application and submit
- After submission, view the required Supplemental Items and Documents
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section
- Complete the Recommendation Request section
Additional required items
- A copy of your diploma from your graduate, medical, and/or dental school.
- Unofficial college transcripts may be uploaded in the Supplemental Items area for application purposes. If accepted to the program, official transcripts must be emailed from the institution to OTRES@mayo.edu.
- Three letters of recommendation are required and must be completed in the Recommendation Request section. The recommenders will receive an email with a link to upload a letter.
- Complete the essay questions and upload them to the Supplemental Items section.
The selection committee carefully reviews each application. Applicants are evaluated by the committee based on these criteria:
- Academic education and degrees obtained
- Clinical education and mentoring experiences
- Clinical experience specific to hand occupational therapy
- Research experience
- Community service
- Letters of reference
Candidates with strong leadership and interpersonal skills and an interest in lifelong learning are preferred.
Individuals considered for an appointment are invited to Rochester, Minnesota, for an in-person interview sometime in October-November.
Candidates will receive appointment notifications by the end of November.