Two fellows are accepted on a competitive basis each year for the Physician Assistant Fellowship in Otolaryngology at Mayo Clinic's campus in Phoenix, Arizona.
To be eligible for the Physician Assistant Fellowship in Otolaryngology, you must have:
- Graduated from an accredited physician assistant program
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification
- Arizona state physician assistant license
- Current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
This fellowship does not grant advanced placement and does not accept transfer of credit hours.
Note: If you have not yet graduated from your physician assistant program or not yet met all of the prerequisites, you may still apply for the fellowship. But to be successfully appointed to the fellowship, you must have graduated and met all of the prerequisites before the start of the fellowship.
Candidates are selected based on grades, work and volunteer experiences, leadership qualities, and representation of individual qualities and skills.
See further Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences .
Non-U.S. citizen applicants
See the Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences .
How to apply
|Application window||Program start date||Apply|
|Jan. 2 - May 1||September||Online application|
The application cycle opens Jan. 2 and closes May 1 of the year in which you wish to begin the program. Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by May 1.
The program begins in September and runs through September of the following year.
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Create an account to begin the online Application for Admission
- Select - Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
- Select – Physician Assistant Fellowship in Otolaryngology (ARZ)
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section
- Complete the Recommendation Request section
Additional required items
- Personal statement.
- Two letters of recommendation are required and must be completed in the Recommendation Request section. Each recommender will receive an email with a link to complete a rating form and upload a letter.
- Official transcripts from your physician assistant program will be accepted electronically via a secured site; use the subject line "Attention Judy Cimochowski," and send to email@example.com (this is the preferred method). Official transcripts can also be mailed directly from the institution to:
Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
13400 E. Shea Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85259
The selection committee carefully reviews each application. Individuals considered for an appointment will complete a telephone interview, personal interview, or both.
Candidates selected for the fellowship will be contacted by phone, followed by an appointment letter. If you receive an appointment letter, your reply is expected within 10 days.