Five to eight candidates are selected on a competitive basis each year for the Radiation Therapy Program at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota.
How to apply
The program begins in early September.
Applications may be submitted between Nov. 1 and Feb. 1. The online application will only be available to view, complete and submit during this open application window.
Your application and all supporting documentation, including recommendations, must be received by Feb. 1 of the year you wish to begin classes.
As you complete the application, please complete the application checklist and follow its directions.
1. Create an account. Prior to submission of an application, you must create an account. Note the following as you create an account and begin completing an application.
- On the Create an Account page:
- For School of Study → School of Health Sciences
- For Location → Rochester, MN
- For Area of Interest → Radiation Therapy Program
- For Start Date → Choose date
- For Entry Term → Select term available
- On the My Account page:
- Scroll down to Next Steps → select Start an Application
- On the Online Application page:
- Verify that the program listed is what you want
- Click Continue with Application Selected Above
- On the Application Listing page:
- Select Start a New Full Application
2. Complete the online application. Once you have created an account, you will be able to continue with the application. The sections below are located in the application. You may complete them in order or click on the section you want using the navigation menu on the left.
- Program of interest:
- Review populated data for accuracy
- Complete Reapplying and Education Completed questions
- Personal information:
- Review populated data
- Complete any other fields
- If you didn't enter an address or phone number before, you will be required to enter it now
- Demographic data:
- Fill in as necessary
- Add education
- Add work experience
- Standardized testing:
- Please input information regarding the ACT, SAT, and/or GRE as they apply to you. Please check your program website to see if these are required.
- Professional licensing and registration:
- Please list the radiography license or certification you hold
- Please answer all questions listed in this section of the application
- Signature and submit:
- Certify and sign your application
- Submit your application
3. Complete the recommendations and supplemental items. After submitting the application, click Click here to upload program-specific supplemental item(s).
- Please upload the Radiation Therapy Checklist
- Enter email addresses for recommendations under the Recommendation Requests
- Submit three recommendations using the online forms. Recommendations are required from:
- Radiography program director
- Radiography clinical instructor or radiology supervisor if you are an R.T.(R)
- Work or personal (nonrelative) reference
**If you do not complete these at the time of submission, please visit your "My Account" page and navigate to your application for a link to complete.
4. Submit transcripts. Submit an official transcript from each high school, college and university that you have attended.
Official transcripts should be mailed directly to Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences from each educational institution.
Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
Radiation Therapy Program
Siebens Building, Third Floor
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
If you are considered for an appointment, you will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic for a personal interview (at your own expense) with the admissions committee. Only the top-ranked applicants are invited for an interview.
Letters will be mailed approximately April 1. Your reply is requested within 10 days of receiving the appointment letter.