Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences offers a 14-week postgraduate Registered Nurse Case Manager Fellowship at Mayo Clinic’s campus in Phoenix, Arizona.
The RN Case Manager (CM) Fellowship is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary for a nursing career as an RN Case Manager. The program includes classroom instruction, web-based learning, simulation activities, and clinical experiences.
The curriculum will prepare a competent RN CM to work within an interdisciplinary team to facilitate the patient throughout the continuum of care by ensuring appropriate utilization management, care coordination, resource utilization, and clinical documentation.
- Transition from RN to competent professional RN case manager
- Demonstrate the essential knowledge and skills to coordinate care and safe transitions to meet patients and family discharge needs
- Develop high-quality and cost–effective clinical outcomes for the patient/family matching services and resources across the continuum of care
- Integrate evidence-based interventions, research findings, and quality measures into case management practice
- Demonstrate leadership behaviors for the advancement of the nursing case management profession in the practice and community setting
Completion and certification
Upon successful completion of the fellowship, you will receive a certificate of completion from Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences and be awarded up to 56.5 continuing education hours from the American Case Management Association (ACMA).
Care management RNs are eligible to take the Accredited Case Manager (ACM) Certification for health care delivery case management professionals after completing a minimum of 12-months of case management experience.
See accreditation information for Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science.