One to two Registered Nurse Case Manager Fellowship cohorts are offered each year. One is typically held in the spring, and one in the fall. Each fellowship is 14-weeks in length.
Positions are available for the inpatient and Emergency Department/Observation Unit Care Management practice.
Current R.N. licensure, a baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN), and a minimum of two years acute care nursing experience.
Non-U.S. citizen applicants
Admission to Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences is open to U.S. workers in the four categories below. Therefore, visa sponsorship is not available.
- U.S. citizens
- U.S. nationals
- Lawful permanent residents
- Asylees and refugees
Applicants whose primary language is not English must submit results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based test (TOEFL iBT). Scores from the speaking portion of the exam are given particular consideration in admission decisions. Learn more about the exam and register online at the Educational Testing Service.
The Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences code for the TOEFL iBT is 5784.
Educational transcripts from schools outside the U.S. must be translated (if they are not already in English) and evaluated for U.S. equivalence by an accredited credential evaluation service company prior to submission. Please refer to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services for a list of qualified companies. The applicant pays for the examination and credential-evaluation services.
How to apply
Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences values diversity and welcomes applicants with disabilities. If you are anticipating or experiencing disability related barriers in accessing this application, please contact Disability Compliance Advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fall 2023 Fellowship is open to both Mayo Clinic employees and external candidates. Your application and all supporting documentation must be received between June 14 and July 11, 2023, at 5 p.m. MST. The program begins Aug. 30, 2023.
|Cohort||Application window||Program start date||Apply|
|Fall Fellowship||June 14 - July 11, 2023||Aug. 30, 2023||This fellowship requires two application submissions. Please refer to the below application instructions.|
All applicants are required to submit two applications to be considered for this fellowship: One through the Mayo Clinic Careers application portal and one through Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences application portal. Please refer to specific instructions below.
Mayo Clinic Careers application
Please visit the Mayo Clinic Careers website and complete the application using the following job posting number:
Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences application
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Create an account to begin the online Application for Admission
- Select - Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
- Select - RN Case Mgr Fellowship
- Complete each section of the application and submit
- After submission, view the required Supplemental Items and Documents
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section
- Complete the Recommendation Request section
Additional required items
- Essay (Note: At the bottom of your essay, please note the position you are applying for - Inpatient Care Management or Emergency Department)
- One letter of recommendation is required and must be completed in the Recommendation Request section. The recommender will receive an email with a link to complete a rating form.
- Professional: Choose a person familiar with your professional qualifications and your potential for success in the field of care management nursing. References may include individuals who are/were an authority figure in your current or previous schooling or place of employment, such as a supervisor or teacher.
The selection committee carefully reviews each complete application and schedules interviews with qualified candidates.
Mayo Clinic Human Resources will notify the candidate of the position offer. Once the position is accepted, the transfer date will be scheduled on a date to be determined.