The 24-month Social Work Fellowship at Mayo Clinic’s campus in Jacksonville, Florida is a full-time fellowship that focuses on a multidisciplinary collaboration in meeting the needs of the patient.
The fellowship program includes clinical rotations in the following areas: transplant, cancer center, transplant inpatient, palliative, neuroscience, advance care planning, research, and may include others. As a fellow, you will participate in all facets of clinical social work including, direct patient biopsychosocial evaluations, documentation, support groups, selection conferences, care team rounds, and section staff meetings.
Completion and certification
Upon successful completion of the fellowship, you will have accomplished:
- Two years of a variety of specialty clinical experience in the Mayo Clinic system
- Two years of clinical supervision designed to prepare you for examination for licensure in the State of Florida. Details from the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work explain that supervised experience includes: Two (2) years of post-master’s supervised experience under the supervision of a licensed clinical social worker. These hours must be documented on the Verification of Clinical Experience Form or they will not count towards licensure. The supervision experience must have consisted of:
- At least 100 hours of supervision in no less than 100 weeks
- 1,500 hours of face-to-face psychotherapy with clients
- One hour of supervision every two weeks
The Social Work Fellowship is seeking accreditation of this program as accreditation of fellowship programs is currently being created in the United States.