The Social Work Fellowship admits one fellow each fall. After the first year, there will always be a first-year fellow and a second-year fellow in this fellowship.
Applicants must have a Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) or Master of Social Administration (MSSA) from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited school of social work program that will be earned before August 31. Applicants must have completed their Registered Clinical Social Work Intern application and approval.
Non-U.S. citizen applicants
Admission to Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences is open to U.S. workers in the four categories below. Therefore, visa sponsorship is not available.
- U.S. citizens
- U.S. nationals
- Lawful permanent residents
- Asylees and refugees
Applicants whose primary language is not English must submit results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based test (TOEFL iBT). Scores from the speaking portion of the exam are given particular consideration in admission decisions. Learn more about the exam and register online at the Educational Testing Service.
The Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences code for the TOEFL iBT is 5784.
Educational transcripts from schools outside the U.S. must be translated (if they are not already in English) and evaluated for U.S. equivalence by an accredited credential evaluation service company prior to submission. Please refer to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services for a list of qualified companies. The applicant pays for the examination and credential-evaluation services.
How to apply
Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences values diversity and welcomes applicants with disabilities. If you are anticipating or experiencing disability related barriers in accessing this application, please contact Disability Compliance Advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Application window||Program start date||Apply|
|March 1 - May 1||Fall (start date will be dependent on approval of RCSWI and MCSHS onboarding)||Online application|
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Create an account to begin the online Application for Admission
- Select - Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
- Select - Social Work Fellowship
- Complete each section of the application and submit
- After submission, view the required Supplemental Items and Documents
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section
- Complete the Recommendation Request section
Additional required items
- Copy of your diploma from your graduate, medical, and/or dental school.
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic and one personal) are required and must be completed in the Recommendation Request section. The recommenders will receive an email with a link to complete a rating form and upload a letter.
- Essay/personal statement.
- A Fellowship Written Examination is required. Download the form, complete the exam, and upload it in the Supplemental Items section.
- Unofficial graduate school transcripts may be uploaded in the Supplemental Items area for application purposes.
After reviewing applications for the fellowship, an applicant may be invited for an in-person or virtual interview with the Education Committee Interview Panel.
After the interview process, the Education Committee Interview Panel will meet to decide on the candidate to be invited for the fellowship. All prospective fellows will receive a written letter of acceptance or denial.