One fellow is accepted on a competitive basis each year. The fellowship starts in early July.
To be eligible for the Speech Language Pathology Fellowship, you must:
- Complete a master’s degree in speech-language pathology from an accredited graduate program prior to July 2023.
- Possess foundational knowledge of voice and swallowing disorders.
- Demonstrate interest and have experience in the evaluation and treatment of voice and swallowing disorders through graduate clinical externships and continuing education.
It is beneficial to have additional training or experience in videofluoroscopic swallow studies (consider MBSimp); endoscopic procedures including stroboscopy (consider NSS VALI-R) and FEES (consider Langmore remote introductory FEES course); and prior experience with acoustic and aerodynamic instrumentation.
Non-U.S. citizen applicants
Admission to Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences is open to U.S. workers in the four categories below. Therefore, visa sponsorship is not available.
- U.S. citizens
- U.S. nationals
- Lawful permanent residents
- Asylees and refugees
Applicants whose primary language is not English must submit results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based test (TOEFL iBT). Scores from the speaking portion of the exam are given particular consideration in admission decisions. Learn more about the exam and register online at the Educational Testing Service.
The Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences code for the TOEFL iBT is 5784.
Educational transcripts from schools outside the U.S. must be translated (if they are not already in English) and evaluated for U.S. equivalence by an accredited credential evaluation service company prior to submission. Please refer to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services for a list of qualified companies. The applicant pays for the examination and credential-evaluation services.
How to apply
Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences values diversity and welcomes applicants with disabilities. If you are anticipating or experiencing disability related barriers in accessing this application, please contact Disability Compliance Advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Application window||Program start date||Apply|
|Feb. 1 - March 31||July||Online application|
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Create an account to begin the online Application for Admission.
- Select - Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
- Select - Speech Language Pathology Clinical Fellowship
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section
- Complete the Recommendation Request section
Additional required items
- Letter of Intent
- Three letters of recommendation are required and must be completed in the Recommendation Request section. Each recommender will receive an email with a link to complete a rating form and upload a letter. Letters of recommendation from professors and clinical supervisors are preferred.
- Unofficial SLP program transcripts
The selection committee carefully reviews each application. Individuals considered for an appointment will complete a virtual interview, personal interview, or both.
Candidates selected for the fellowship will be contacted by phone, followed by an appointment letter. If you receive an appointment letter, your reply is expected within 10 days.