One position is available on a competitive basis each year in the Abdominal Radiology Fellowship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota.
To be eligible for the Abdominal Radiology Fellowship, you must be board certified or eligible for certification in your area of interest and have completed a four-year accredited radiology residency program.
In general, foreign medical graduates are not eligible for appointment to the Abdominal Radiology Fellowship unless they have completed at least one year of postgraduate clinical training in an approved program in either the United States or Canada. Occasional exceptions may be made for outstanding candidates.
Also see general admissions requirements for Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education.
How to apply
You must apply through Recruit, a third-party application service. No matching program services are used.
Applications can be submitted in the fall according to the SCARD embargo dates listed on the SCARD website. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so early applications are encouraged.
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Create an account to begin the online Application for Admission
- All applications to Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education programs must include these application materials
- After submission, view the required Supplemental Items and Documents
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section (if applicable)
- Complete the Recommendation Request section (if applicable)
In addition to the standard application materials required by Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education, this program requires:
- A letter of recommendation from your radiology residency program director. This must be completed in the Recommendation Request section. The recommender will receive an email with a link to upload a letter.
Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty.
Interviews are conducted between July and October each year.
The Department of Radiology at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, has a combination of matched and non-matched fellowships. For all matched fellowships, our program abides by all rules and regulations as specified and required by the National Residency Match Program (NRMP). For all non-matched fellowships, our program abides by the rules and timelines established by the Society of Chairs of Academic Radiology Departments (SCARD).
The only permissible exception to this timeline is as follows: for fellowship applicants with significant barriers to travel, interviews may be granted and performed at the annual RSNA meeting in Chicago, Illinois, and in certain years where RSNA begins prior to Dec. 1 there may exist a special circumstance wherein an individual is interviewed prior to Dec. 1. These cases will be coordinated by the fellowship director and only with written consent of exception from SCARD.