Department and Faculty
During the fellowship, you have access to these resources and support services:
- Teaching files in radiology and pathology
- Large collection of orthopedic texts in the division's library
- Secretarial services for patient care and academic activities
- Computer support for internet, literature searches, slide creation, database searches, word processing, and email
- Graphic services for slide and poster presentations
- Dedicated office and workspace
- Computerized patient records system allowing immediate access to medical records from any workstation
In addition to caring for patients in clinical practice, Mayo Clinic's faculty is committed to teaching and facilitating the growth of medical knowledge. Many of our faculty members have published and lectured extensively and are highly regarded in their fields.
You have direct access to these individuals throughout your training in the Adult Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship.
Advisers and mentors
Faculty advisers are available to provide comprehensive educational advice and personal support. You meet with your adviser periodically throughout the program to review your progress and career goals, and ensure that your educational needs are being met. Also, your adviser may serve as a contact point for introducing you and your family to Jacksonville, Florida, and the Mayo Clinic system.
Many prominent professors visit Mayo Clinic each year. They present their work during lectures and participate in hospital rounds and informal discussions with trainees. You are encouraged to take full advantage of these educational opportunities.