Mayo Clinic Health System — Mankato is a community-based health care provider that brings the resources and expertise of Mayo Clinic to the Mankato, Minnesota, community. We serve the community through routine, preventive, and specialized care services, wellness support, and community engagement.
Residents participate in activities at the clinic and hospital, as well as at a variety of community locations. Given the distance and weather, most travel in Mankato and surrounding communities requires a motor vehicle. Refer to our Walk Score for more information.
Mayo Clinic Health System — Eastridge Clinic
- Integrated care model, including behavioral medicine, chronic disease management, and support services (case managers, social workers, and pharmacists)
- Five-minute drive from the teaching hospital
- Capabilities for successful virtual learning
- Diverse patient population
- Supportive atmosphere
Mayo Clinic Health System — Mankato Hospital
- 24/7 emergency department (Board-certified emergency medicine physicians)
- Level II nursery
- Critical care medicine (ICU and certified intensivists)
- Advanced trauma care (neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics, Mayo One medical transport)
- Inpatient behavioral health unit
- Andreas Cancer Center
- Cardiac catheterization lab
- Advanced diagnostic imaging (including CT, MRI, PET/CT, ultrasound, and digital mammography)
- 137-bed regional care center
- Only residency at Mayo Clinic Health System — Mankato and in the Southwest Minnesota region
- Supported by the expertise and resources of Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic Health System — Mankato Hospital is currently undergoing expansion and modernization. The Mankato Hospital Expansion and Modernization Project will accomplish three primary objectives:
- Expand hospital capacity to support practice growth, reduce transfers, and keep patients local
- Modernize the facility to enhance patient, family, and staff experience
- Create a technologically advanced hospital of the future through an innovative design to cure, connect, and transform to remain in alignment with our Mayo Clinic Bold. Forward. 2030 strategic priorities.
The project will include a three-floor vertical expansion built above the existing Emergency Department, Cancer Center, and Specialty Clinic foyer, adding 121 hospital beds. The new hospital floors will link to the existing hospital bed tower and include a new and expanded Intensive Care Unit and Progressive Care Unit, a new Medical-Surgical Unit, and a new Family Birth Center with labor and delivery rooms, postpartum rooms, triage rooms, a new cesarean surgical suite, and a Level II nursery.