Three positions are available on a competitive basis each year in the General Thoracic Surgery Fellowship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota.
To be eligible for this advanced General Thoracic Surgery Fellowship, you must have already successfully completed an approved thoracic surgery residency or the equivalent and desire an additional one or two years to supplement your training in general thoracic surgery.
Also see application materials for Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education.
How to apply
Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education does not process printed applications to this program. You must apply through Recruit, a third-party application service. No matching program services are used.
Mayo's academic year begins in July. You must submit a completed application form and all required documentation no later than Nov. 1 the previous year.
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Create an account to begin the online Application for Admission
- All applications to Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education programs must include these application materials
- After submission, view the required Supplemental Items and Documents
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section (if applicable)
- Complete the Recommendation Request section (if applicable)
Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited for a personal interview with the program director.
Interviews are conducted between November and January each year.