There is one position available in Mayo Clinic's Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship each year on a competitive basis.
To be eligible for the Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship, you must complete a general psychiatry residency in an ACGME-accredited residency program, an AOA-approved residency program, a program with ACGME International (ACGME-I) Advanced Specialty Accreditation, or a Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) –accredited or College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)-accredited residency program located in Canada and take the appropriate board examinations. We welcome applications from residents who are in their final year of training in general psychiatry and graduates of general psychiatry programs who are now pursuing other endeavors.
Applicants also must be qualified to take the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology initial certification examination in psychiatry.
Also see general admissions requirements.
How to apply
Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education does not process printed applications to this program. You must apply through Recruit, a third-party application service. No matching program services are used.
Mayo's academic year begins in July. You must submit a completed application form and all required documentation no later than Jan. 31 the previous year, or until the program is filled. Interviews are granted on a rolling basis and the program may fill early.
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Create an account to begin the online Application for Admission
- All applications to Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education programs must include these application materials
- After submission, view the required Supplemental Items and Documents
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section (if applicable)
- Complete the Recommendation Request section (if applicable)
In addition to the standard application materials required by Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education, this program requires:
- A letter of recommendation from your residency program director (for a total of three recommendation letters). All recommendation letters must be dated within six months of submission, and be completed in the Recommendation Request section. Each recommender will receive an email with a link to upload a letter.
Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty.