Two positions are available on a competitive basis each year in the International Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellowship at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
If you are an international applicant who has completed a general surgery residency in a program that is non-accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), you are eligible to apply for this one-year non-accredited fellowship.
How to apply
The academic year begins July 1. Inquire about the availability of the positions with Larisa Radman, Education Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact CRSI Fellowship via by attaching your CV for the program director’s review. After your CV has been reviewed, you will be contacted whether to apply by using the ApplyYourself application system.
- All applications to Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education programs must include the following application materials:
- Photograph of yourself
- Official medical school transcripts
- A copy of your medical school diploma
- A valid Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate (if you graduated from medical school outside the United States)
- Medical school performance evaluation (MSPE) — "dean's letter"
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, ABSITE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX, or NBME)
- USMLE steps 1, 2 CK and 2 CS (Step 3 is only required if applicants are seeking H-1B sponsorship)
- A program director's letter of recommendation
- At least two other letters of recommendation, in addition to the program director's letter*
- A curriculum vitae
- A personal statement
*Please have all letter writers complete the Association of Program Directors for Colon and Rectal Surgery (APDCRS) Resident Candidate Assessment form.
- Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are scheduled on a case-by-case basis each year.